Monday, January 25, 2010

Hotter Off the Needles and Buggy Things!

I finished these this a.m. in time for Pamela to wear them to school. Pamela and school...wow! It's been a long time since I've said those two words together, in a positive way. I think she is as thrilled about going back to school, as I'm about the prospect that she finally realizes where her priorities need to be. So, to the Flamboyant Gloves:


Unfortunately, I lost track of rows early on. I thought I counted right, I double checked 3 times, but with this thick/thin yarn, it's really difficult to see the twists, let alone "count" them. So, the end result is that one glove is about 1/2 inch longer than the other. I figure I'll block them to be the same size. I tried to match the stripes up, but the color repeat was not consistant. There was not another repeat of black to lavendar to pink, other than the cast-on on the first glove. I ended up with less than 1 yard of yarn left, and this is not in one piece, it's what is left from weaving in. All in all, I consider this a win.

Pamela did wear them this a.m. I finished at 7:17 a.m. and she left at 7:29.

I was trying to think of things that bug me. I'm happy to say, that I really couldn't think of many things, though. This is all that I could come up with:
  1. When people say "fer" instead of "for" (guilty, but I try and catch myself!)
  2. Like, when people, like, you know, say, "like" (aarrrrggghhh!)
  3. Thin women who claim they are fat (okay, it's probably just thin women period, who bug me)
  4. My neighbors who let their doggies out to poop, and they ALWAYS do it in my yard. We've been here 6 years, and they only poop in our yard...oh well, they're good neighbors, so we bite the bullet.
  5. When premium movie channels show movies that were originally "Movies of the Week" on channels like "Lifetime" or "Hallmark" or any regular station for that matter.

Not a bad little list. And I was worried that I woudn't be able to come up with anything. Apparently, I'm not as cheerful and upbeat as I thought.

So, on that note, let's try these notes:


No comments:

Post a Comment