Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hot Off the Needles!

I've done some small accessory knitting this past week. Just a few small things to use up single skeins of yarn, or odds and ends. I've taken a shine to making mitts, at least as far as entertainment value, the quality needs serious work. All these items are highly functional, and have already been getting used these past few days (well, except for the Flamboyant Mitts shown last...they are still on the kneedles).

This is my Manos Del Uruguay cap, as modeled by my loving husband. Aaaaah, isn't he cute?


I made these mitts to match the hat. They've both been really very warm. Combined, the two projects used less than 180 yards of yarn. That was a bit of a surprise, but the Manos Del Uruguay feels like an Aran weight to me, so perhaps this is right on mark.


I've also started another pair of mitts for Pamela. She's named them "Flamboyant Mitts." I had one skein of Classic Elite Desert in colorway "Northern Lights." It's very pretty, but the thick/thin of this yarn (and the Manos) makes for a very irregular stitch. I think I'm ready to move to something more consistant in thickness, so that there is more uniformity in some projects for awhile. These mitts have been very quick. Just started yesterday afternoon, and both are done except for the thumbs and weaving in the ends.


Well, it looks like I got my post in for this week, just in time. I'll leave you with this closing thought....Be happy....this could be your kid!


No comments:

Post a Comment