Sunday, March 28, 2010

Yes, I've Been Bad...

I haven't really wanted to write in my blog. I've been just knitting up a storm. I've gotten a lot accomplished, so I'll have to do this "update" in two parts. Part I will be, items I've finished since the last post. :-)

I finished John's Jacques Cousteaux Hat, I really like the way it looks, but it is pretty big. He wears it, so I put this in the win column.





I finished the Casual Kaitlyn for Pamela. This was a test knit for a fellow Raveler. I really enjoyed this, and it was a very quick knit. I made a few mods. I didn't put the trim on the end of the sleeves (Pam's request), and rather than long sleeves, I made them shorter. Also, I added waist shaping, and added about 5 inches to the length. So, rather than a short top that shows the belly, it's more a long tunic, to be worn with leggings.

I caught the Malabrigo March Madness Bug. I've been casting-on and knitting Malabrigo projects like crazy. This is the first one. It's a Grace Lace Beret, out of Malabrigo Silky, in colorway Lillita.


Here is the rest of the set I've made out of the Malabrigo Silky. I really like the way that it's comign out. The scarf matches the design of the hat very closely. I'm not done with the mitts yet, but they are in the pic to show their progress.

Here are some gloves, made with Malabrigo Chunky, in colorway Verde Esperanza. I got some Malabrigo Worsted in this same colorway to make a matching scarf. I'm thinking that this can be a Christmas present for one of my Grandmothers.


Here is a cowl out of Malabrigo Worsted, colorway Indigo.


And my Daphne Hat out of Malabrigo Twist. I have to admit, I think that the Malabrigo Twist is my new favorite yarn. All the Mal is so soft and squishy, but I especially like the way the stitches pop when using this yarn!



Almost all of the preceding knits were made with yarn purchased at Little Knits, oh what bargains she has, and the best customer service!

So, that is Part I of the update. Next part will be what is on my needles. I have to take this in managable chunks, so that I don't over-whelm myself (or you!).
Also, for future reference, it is so much easier to prepare a blog post if you upload the pics first, manually add the
tags, and then put in the text!

4 comments:

  1. What an interesting cowl - where did you find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! The pattern is the Burberry Inspired Cowl and it's a free pattern. You can find it here http://juliannesmith.wordpress.com/2009/12/04/free-knitting-pattern-burberry-inspired-cowl-neck-scarf/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nice blog! Such beautiful work! Now you make me want to get some malabrigo. Thank you also for the tip at the end. I think that will help me with my knitted updates too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliments about the design and thanks for choosing my pattern. I'm happy you liked it :-)

    ReplyDelete